有落

Hong Kong's uber speedy green mini bus 小巴
"瑪麗醫院有落!" = maa5 lai6 ji1 jyun2 jau5 lok6 ...the first full Cantonese phrase I finally mastered without sounding choppy. This phrase is quite useful, particularly for me to find my way back home on a green mini bus. “麻麻(地)” = maa4maa2(dei2) is usually my go to phrase until I found out I had been pronouncing the tones wrong all my life...it's like that moment when I had realized I had been using 好 in place of 很 -_- when describing things as "very" + adj. Finally overcoming fears. It took me a good whole month to finally muster up the courage to call out my stop instead of wishing, waiting, hoping that other passengers would need to get off at the same stop. Fears being conquered woot. Moving mountains.

(Celeste and I practiced it quite a lot actually heh.)

Recommended by my roommate Amy (Yes, it's like 2 AM in the morning):

No comments:

Post a Comment