Cravings


It's week 3 of living in Asia...whoa. Just typing that makes it even crazier...3 weeks?!?! That's almost a month...I think after 4 weeks, this will be the longest I've ever been away from home. Going to college wasn't really living away from home...I can only remember a handful of weekends I didn't actually go home. SUHHWEET. I'm excited this will be a milestone in my life. I don't think I'll be homesick (sorry mum & dad if you're reading this) because technology can put us in FaceTime in less than 30 seconds...lol I feel so spoiled being able to have a smartphone and having internet access everywhere I go and having all these free texting/international calls applications...it hard to realize I am actually 7,254 miles away from home displaced by a 15 hour time difference.

BUT what I'm really craving this past week...is physical & spiritual food. Lol.

So physical food:
  • Yogurt, especially larger portions and preferably Greek yogurt :3
  • Year-round selection of fruit (but this is probably a good thing I don't have access to whatever fruit because it's more environmental to eat the local produce)
  • Milk & Cereal - Maybe I'm missing my roommates <3 (shout-out to 1007 C & 1049 C)
The selection of dairy products is very limited and cheese is so pricey! CHEESE...ugh...say goodbye to those kimchi quesadillas. And then being able to cook in my apartment was something I took for granted. The space here is pretty tiny and where we live...no matter how much you try to clean it it still looks dirty. So I really don't know how sanitary it is. So my food blog will be yet on another hiatus...unless I find time to update with content I've been hoarding on my computer for the last few months. Blogging is really a full-time job gah.

As for Spiritual food:
  • In need of an accountability buddy to do devos with here in Hong Kong
  • Getting plugged into the local church and its care groups
  • Finding a fellowship on campus
  • And just spending more time in the WORD
  • Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


No comments:

Post a Comment