回香靖 = Homecoming

Whelp...this is going to be my home for next 3 months eek!
(So this is future Jaimie writing this blog because of course she'd procrastinate an entire year to write the rest of her blog posts...this shall be the 1 year celebration of Jaimie's trip abroad!...Indeed it is a homecoming...since she is writing this from her America home but home is where the heart is...and Jaimie left her heart in Hong Kong.)

Gosh day 1 was freeeeeeeeeeaking hectic right when Celeste and I stepped off the plane. We seriously spent 3 hours in the airport trying to figure out phone SIM cards and Octopus cards. We ended up leaving the airport with no Octopus cards (because we needed to apply for student cards from our school)...but Celeste got her first smart phone! Hahaha, it's so funny watching her get used to it...she's a smartphonenub kekeke.


^ the directions school provided us was super noob...because it made us take a bus and then switch to taxi...TOO CRAZY with 2 luggages & 2 backpacks each. x__x I had to rely on my distant memory of traveling with my dad from the airport to Sheung Wan. For future references, take A10 straight from the airport to get to Pok Fu Lam. :3

One crazy bus ride...when it made turns we were at a 45 degree angle
Pretty cool...but it didn't work. -.- 
I was being super cautious in case the guy was gonna jip us...so I took a photo of his license lulz. 
Hi Elmo...and our luggage that won't fit in the trunk. 
Our luggage...heh I don't know how we managed. 
So something hectic went down during our trip from the airport to our living quarters...I shall link Celeste's blog here for more details since it directly involved her haha.

Celeste the Wanderer PART 1 | PART 2

So when we arrived at Pok Fu Lam (top photo)...we were redireted to the Amenities Centre (I love British English spelling!) 
The calm before the storm...that began our insane pilgrimage to the Amenities Centre 
Long story short...we walked the opposite direction for a good 30 minutes (all the way to the cemetery)...carrying our large carry-on bags (bc our goods were in it)...we had left our luggage at the dorms hoping nothing would get stolen. 
The cemetery people told us to go back the other way...lol and now it was all uphill. 
We finally made it after trekking back and forth like chickens without heads (but in slow motion because we were exhausted).
#undefeated
My humble abode for the next 3 months.
My oceanfront view haha... 
Soooo...first thing I do when I settle in?...Blow out the entire building's electric circuit. Sigh. 
I judged my apartment pretty hard when I first walked in...it looked pretty janky. Everything seemed unclean...and I was pretty ungrateful. But this is now future Jaimie reflecting...I AM SO SO SO SO thankful for ending up in flat instead of a dorm...because I made the bestest of friends (#breakfastclublove) and it was home. We were able to polish up our flat and rearrange furniture so it ended up being quite presentable...and hey for USD $200/month for 2 furnished bedrooms (3 persons/room) + kitchen + shower + dining area + living room + bookshelves + TV + land line + washing machine (free) AND THE BEST FLATMATES EVER...I can't complain.

Day 1 was mad...(hehe practising my British) but we made it safely & soundly.

Celeste & Jaimie. We outz.
PS. Celeste had to retrieve her backpack from lost and found at HKG (see PART 1 and PART 2)...and we met awesome new friends that accompanied us bc what the hay...we be throwing dolla billz errwhere.

Just a few photos from our night adventure:

New franzzz 
A10 direct route to Pok Fu Lam...time to go home. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment